1954 the Vadásztöltény of Székesfehérvár, industry already
known for forty years for the construction of precision mechanical
parts, began to produce radios and the first model was the R 545
which was built in 100,000 pieces.
The following year the company was renamed Videoton.
immediately the production of radios was enlarged and in 1960 began
a technical and commercial collaboration with Tesla (Czechoslovakia)
and Rubin (Russian) focused on the manufacturing of TVs and TVs
The activities of the company in the radio and electronic areas had
an incredible development and evolution.
1972 Videoton began also to produce computers and the first model
was called R10.
was produced until 1978 in the amount of 750 pieces.
Then other computers were produced.
1979 the company had 3500 workers
employed, including 1500 engineers and technicians. In this
period, the Videoton also worked together with Japanese Akai.
political “change of system” and privatization brought Videoton
to further expansion and acquisition of other Hungarian and foreign
(in Kaposvar, Jaszbereny, Törokszentmiklos, Kunhegyes and Salgótarján)
From 1994 to 2000 there was a collaboration with IBM for the
production of hard disks, which were manufactured in Székesfehérvár
and Veszprém factories.
In 2000 the group had 17000 workers, employed in information and
assembly / production of electronic components for high technology.
Today, in this area, Videoton is one of the thirty important