ORION brand, born in 1913, appeared
for the first time in 1925 on the Wolframlampagyar tubes (the
Hungarian radio tubes factory).
The manufacture of radio began in
1925 but the production on large scale was launched around 1930; at
that time a lot of sets were exported with
Subsequently the Orion became one of the most important companies
producing radios and TV in Hungary.
In 1964 the entire
radio production was transferred into the Videoton factory in Székesfehérvár (Hungary) allowing Orion a greater development in other areas more technologically
the 70 ‘s the Company was dedicated to TV and audio equipments
manufacturing, at the same time it was dedicated to the production
of sophisticated microwave telecommunications systems which were
exported in Europe and in USSR.
In the 80’s and 90’s the company could keep, with good results, the
fast step of the development in the technological area of TV, DVD
players/recorders, monitors LCD/plasma,
HI-FI systems and white goods.
The production in this area is
still active, moreover Orion also manufactures PCB
assemblies and cable harnesses for various reputed companies in the
automotive and industrial sector.
Since 1997 the
company is owned and managed by the Thakral Group of Singapore.